Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sick Day

I called out sick today. I rarely (read: never) called out sick before I had N. I picked him up from daycare last night and a couple of times I had to put him in his crib to play alone so I could lay on the couch and burn with fever. After dropping him off this morning in no makeup, screwy hair and dirty jeans I went home and passed out for three hours. I woke up to the cat sleeping in my arms (I never even felt him jump on me). The cat happens to be the only living being in the house I can't infect, so I snuggled happily with him. After going to the doctor I arrived at daycare with a wrinkled shirt (which was now covered in cat hair), the same dirty jeans, messier hair than this morning, and probably not smelling too good after not bathing today-yet (I ultimately did). I could tell I was really sick because I didn't care at all how I looked. However, I did go to the store after picking N up and bought some makeup. That was my medicine. I ended up feeling better for the rest of the evening and watched my little person play happily before bed. He's also my medicine :).

No comments:

Post a Comment